Who’s Who in Collective, Earth, Peace, & Public Intelligence: Robert David STEELE Vivas [Roberto David de Steele y Vivas de Porras]
SHORT URL: http://tinyurl.com/Steele2012
- 2014-10-22 Steele Bio One-Page Educational 1.2
- 2014-10-08 Steele IT Consulting Bio 1.4
- 2014-03-07 Steele Speaker Profile 2 Pages
- 2014-10-08 Steele CV with Pubs 15 Pages
- 2014-03-13 Robert-Steele-Teaching-Portfolio
- 2014-01-06 Exec Quals
- Top Secret SCI Eligible 2013 03 12 based on OPM SBPR 2012 03 15
International Praise (Book Jacket Blurbs)
Robert Steele is unusual for an American…he is clearly internationalist in his orientation. He has written a book that can bring us together in facing our greatest enemies: ignorance, poverty, and mistrust.
Rear Admiral Hamit Gulemre Aybars, Turkish Navy (Retired)
Robert Steele’s vision for the future of intelligence is clearly “internationalist” in nature. It focuses on regional partnerships…and on the value of open source intelligence collection.
Rear Admiral Dr. Sigurd Hess, DE N(Ret), Former Chief of Staff, Allied Command Baltic Approaches
Constantly committed to truth and honesty, [his work] demonstrates his ability to grasp the real issues and to take into account the views and concerns of men of good will from all nations and all cultures.
Admiral Pierre Lacoste, French Navy (Ret), Former Director of Foreign Intelligence (DSGE)
Robert Steele goes well beyond the original visions of the best of the Directors of Central Intelligence, and has crafted a brilliant, sensible, and honorable future for the intelligence profession.
Major General Oleg Kalugin, KGB (Ret), former Elected Deputy to the Russian Parliament
Over a broad canvas reflecting the changing nature of information and information technologies, Robert Steele lays the foundation for the future of e-intelligence.
Commodore Patrick Tyrrell, OBE, Royal Navy, United Kingdom
Few have thought as deeply or imaginatively about such questions as a super-smart [now sixty-one]-year old former Marine and intelligence officer named Robert D. Steele…
Alvin & Heidi Toffler, War & Anti-War: Survival at the Dawn of the 21st Century
Steele consistently has been well ahead of the pack in his appreciation for everything from open source research to the implications of technology…his work thrills with its insights and ideas.
Ralph Peters, Fighting for the Future: Will America Triumph?
Robert Steele is about 100 times as smart and 10,000 times as dangerous as the best of the hackers, for he is successfully hacking the most challenging of bureaucracies…for the right reasons.
Bruce Sterling in Hacker Crackdown: Law and Order on the Electronic Frontier
Steele’s concept is simple: Empower the citizen and private sector to gather and analyze intelligence so that we can make informed decisions [using] Open Source Intelligence gathering [that] is faster, smarter, cheaper…
Robert Young Pelton, author, World’s Most Dangerous Places, producer, Come Back Alive
Robert Steele deserves our admiration and our focused attention for bringing the idea of open source information to the fore. His passion to serve the nation by developing this new approach…is exemplary.
Lieutenant General Patrick Hughes, U.S. Army (Retired)
Former Director, Defense Intelligence Agency
Robert Steele storms into the core of intelligence issues without fear. The scope of his work is impressive and whether you agree with him or not, you cannot ignore what he says.
The Honorable Richard Kerr
Former Deputy Director of Central Intelligence
Robert David STEELE Vivas [Vivas is the Latino matronymic] is the intellectual and spiritual practitioner leader of the third era of the craft of intelligence [decision-support], advancing the craft of intelligence far beyond the first era of secret war and the second era of strategic analytics over-whelmed by clandestine and covert programs never intended by President Harry Truman.
Specifically focused on open source everything and the role of transparency, truth, and trust in creating resilient and sustainable hybrid governance rooted in sharing information and collaborative multinational sense-making, he seeks to unify and harmonize the eight communities that together create the “intelligence commons:” academia, civil society, commerce, government, law enforcement, media, military, and non-governmental/non-profit.
Robert David STEELE Vivas is the academic and practitioner pioneer picking up for Buckminster Fuller, Russell Ackoff, and John N. Warfield, among others, advancing reflexive practice and whole systems analytics to create Smart Nations, the World Brain, and the Global Game. As the foremost practioner-critic of wasteful and ineffective secret intelligence sources and methods (while still respecting the need for focused accountable secrecy), and as one of the foremost critics of organizational fraud, waste, and abuse — characterizing any falsehood or corrupt act as “sand in the gears” of a complex delicate whole system — he has led the creation of the Strategic Analytic Model and pioneered the concepts for hybrid forms of panarchy in which all minds are linked to all information in all languages all the time, allowing for the harnessing of collective intelligence and wisdom.
Best known outside the world of intelligence for his defense of hackers as pioneers on the bleeding edge full of the “right stuff,” and as the champion for “Open Source Everything” (OSE) he is also the comprehensive architect for electoral, intelligence, governance, and national security reform through the practice of reality-based decision making that is characterized by intelligence applied with absolute integrity, while calling for a completely transparent process of Multinational, Multiagency, Multidsiciplinary, Multidomain Information-Sharing and Sense-Making (M4IS2).
Robert David STEELE Vivas is a former Marine Corps infantry officer and then a CIA clandestine case officer (spy) against extremist targets including terrorist groups; the senior civilian founder of the Marine Corps Intelligence Center; author of On Intelligence: Spies and Secrecy in an Open World andas well as The New Craft of Intelligence: Personal, Public, & Political — and many other seminal works relevant to commercial and civil society decision-support; an honorary hacker, and the number one non-fiction reviewer at Amazon.com. He is highly skilled at program builds from scratch, documenting requirements, outlining human, technical, and other capabilities needed, and doing all the justification documentation from Service level to Congressional Budget Justification Book (CBJB).
As CEO of OSS.Net, Inc. Robert has worked with the U.S. Special Operations Command and other regional commands; with the Department of State, the United Nations, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, with EUROPOL, INTERPOL, and Scotland Yard; and with over 7,500 mid-career officers from across 66 countries attracted to his annual training conferences on real-world intelligence. In 2006, inspired by the report of the UN High-Level Threat Panel, he created and funded Earth Intelligence Network, a 501c3, and organized 23 others in creating the Strategic Analytic Model for creating a prosperous world at peace. He shut down OSS.Net, Inc. at the end of 2008, closing it legally at the end of 2010, and is at this time devoted to creating public intelligence in the public interest as the CEO (pro bono) of Earth Intelligence Network. He is available for assignment and globally mobile.
Robert David STEELE Vivas is a natural-born citizen of the USA (a son of New York and decades long resident of Virginia) who ran for President briefly, accepted by the Reform Party as a candidate for their nomination. Working with many others he created We the People Reform Coalition to aggregate the very best ideas from all sides. Using his status as a candidate he connected with every single other candidate from Ron Paul to Rocky Anderson. All of them, without exception, refused to come together around the central issue of our Republic, electoral reform.
Top-Level Collected Contributions
- 2014 Intelligence Reform (Robert Steele)
- 1976-2013: Intelligence Models 2.1
- Decision Support Story Board
- EIN Global Survey (2007)
- IO 3 Paths to Peace & Prosperity
- Public Intelligence 3.8
- REVOLUTION Graphic & Refs
- USA Reform Ideas
- Way of the Truth
- Articles & Chapters
- Books By and With Robert Steele
- Briefings & Lectures
- Graphics in English
- Graphics in Spanish
- Huffington Post (Op Eds on Substance)
- Reflections (Op Eds & White Papers @ Phi Beta Iota)
- Strategic Monographs
- at Amazon
- at DuckDuckGo
- at LinkedIn
- at Qwant / Multi-Media
- at YouTube
- on Hackers (PBS)
- On Hacking Humanity
Profiles of Steele by Others:
- Toffler on Steele in War & Anti-War (1993)
- Yankeelov on Steele in Year in Computers (2000)
- Kimery on Steele in Homeland Security Today (2009)
- Myers on Steele in Reflexive Practice (2010)
- Rob Dover on Steele’s View of Intelligence Reform (2014)
- INTERVIEW: Nafeez Ahmed (The Guardian) and Robert Steele on Re-inventing Intelligence to Re-engineer Earth (2014)
In His Own Words
Open Source Intelligence & Everything
- VIDEO (49:07) 2014 Steele to Liberation Technology NYC (Open Source Everything Manifesto)
- VIDEO (01:30:00) Steele to Chilean Government (Nov 2010)
- VIDEO (8:19) CHANGE 2010: National Press Club Robert Steele, real-time and and open source intelligence
- VIDEO (06:00) Steele to Scowcroft at Wilson Center (Apr 2011)
- VIDEO (20:25): Warren Pollock Interviews Robert Steele on End of the Closed System
- VIDEO (11:02): Warren Pollock Interviews Robert Steele on Open Source Everything
- Steele on World Brain to Amazon Developers Conference (2013 from 2007)
- VIDEO (1:00:00) Steele on Open Everything to Gnomedex (2007)
- AUDIO Steele on Open Source Future at Echo Chamber (2006)
Electoral Reform, Governance & Intelligence
- Robert Steele OWS Electoral Reform Proposal
- VIDEO: Steele B Roll Interview from Hollywood Movie (2008)
- VIDEO: CIA Officer- Robert Steele tells it like it is. Part 1
- VIDEO: CIA Officer- Robert Steele tells it like it is Part 2
SPY IMPROV at Hackers on Planet Earth
- VIDEO (2:02:26) Steele at HOPE #9 Spy Improv Reality Unfiltered
- VIDEO (1 of 4) Steele at HOPE 2010 Spy Improv
- VIDEO (2 of 4) Steele at HOPE 2010 Spy Improv
- VIDEO (1:25:12) Steele at HOPE #6 Spy Improv Everything You…
Vea Tambien (Steele in Spanish):
- 2010 M4IS2 Briefing for South America — 2010 M4IS2 Presentacion por Sur America (ANEPE Chile)
- 2011: Competitive Commercial Intelligence and Strategy in International Markets – Context and Challenge Inteligencia Empresarial y Estrategia Competitiva en Mercados Internacional – Contexto y Desafio
- Photographs: Robert David STEELE Vivas at 60
Reach him at robert.david.steele.vivas [at] gmail [dot] com.