Who’s Who in Intelligence (Decision-Support): Robert David Steele – Hispanic Robert David STEELE Vivas
Am seeking speaking invitations on INTEL/IO and/or Electoral Reform.
Email me directly at robert.david.steele.vivas [at] gmail [dot] com.
The truth at any cost lowers all other costs.
My mission is to help any individual or organization create sustainable wealth by achieving intelligence (decision-support) with integrity (holistic analytics, true cost economics, open source everything engineering).
My focus is on eradicating the 50% that is waste, fraud, or abuse, while enabling typical organizations mired in legacy systems to go from 1-2% efficacy (e.g. in relation to Big Data) toward 10% and beyond. Information costs money; intelligence makes money.
My vision and deep broad knowledge and human network can be tailored to your situation — like the coach in Chariots of Fire, I am not you, but I can make you 1-10% faster, better, cheaper, and hence assure greater sustainable profit.
I am available to serve as a consultant, speaker, moderator, coach, workshop organizer across a very wide range of topics. I am a pioneer in the information operations and applied information technology arenas. My current focus is on the intersection of holistic analytics, true cost economics, and open source everything engineering. Read my Background Paper to the United Nations for a high-level view of possibilities on the information side — now combine that with a global trusted payments system that assures anonymnity on the one hand and exposes true costs at the point of sale on the other, and you begin to see the possibilities I can imagine.
I have spoken all over the world and across America (19 cities and towns) to groups from 10 to over 1,000. If desired, I can speak to any of my ten books, the two most recent professional books being The Open Source Everything Manifesto and Intelligence for Earth, both available at a 50% discount when bought by the case from the publisher.
Long-Term Professional Objective: to create an Open Source Agency, World Brain Institute, Multinational Decision-Support Centre, and a School for Future-Oriented Hybrid Governance.
Latest White Paper: Beyond Data Monitoring – Achieving the Sustainability Development Goals Through Intelligence (Decision-Support): Integrating Holistic Analytics, True Cost Economics, and Open Source Everything
Avocational Political Interest: Restoration of integrity to US electoral process and thence to government, economy, and society.
- Open Power Electoral Reform @ Phi Beta Iota (All Posts)
- Democracy Lost: Essay and Amazon Book Reviews
- Electoral Reform Home Page with videos, graphics, links
- Open Source Activist Tool-Kit Home Page
My two political books are OPEN POWER: Electoral Reform Act of 2-15 — Open Source Activist Tool-Kit, and ELECTION 2008: Lipstick on the Pig. The latter includes chapters on the substance of governance, a balanced budget, and legitimate grievances against the US Government by both domestic and foreign publics.
As the pro bono CEO of Earth Intelligence Network (EIN), I offer my time free, asking only for expenses and a donation to EIN.
As an individual consultant I work on a 1099 basis. My specialty areas as a consultant include Collaborative Decision Making, Experiential Learning Systems, Data Collection and Intelligence Systems Remediation (including Big Data myths and mis-practices), and Executive Coaching for High Performance and Sustainable Development (introducing holistics analytics, true cost economics, and open source everything engineering to the endeavor).
Email me directly at robert.david.steele.vivas [at] gmail [dot] com.
Memorable URLs for this page include:
— Non-Profit: http://tinyurl.com/Steele2014
— Commercial: http://robertdavidsteele.com
- 2015-09-02 Steele, Robert HUMINT Resume (2 pages)
- 2015-08-20 Steele, Robert Instructor Resume (3 pages)
- 2015-05-08 Steele IT Bio 1.4 (3 pages)
- 2015-05-08 Steele Strategic Foresight Bio (1 page)
- 2014-10-22 Steele Educational Bio 1.2 (1 page)
- 2014-03-07 Steele Speaker Profile (2 pages)
- 2015-07-09-Robert-David-Steele-CV-with-Publications(19 pages)
- 2014-11-05 En Espanol Resena de Robert David STEELE Vivas (1a pagina)
- 2014-03-13 Robert-Steele-Teaching-Portfolio
- 2014-12-30 Steele MECQ 1-5
- 2014-12-30 Steele MECQ 6
- Top Secret SCI Eligible 2013 03 12 based on OPM SBPR 2012 03 15
International Praise (Book Jacket Blurbs)
Robert Steele is unusual for an American…he is clearly internationalist in his orientation. He has written a book that can bring us together in facing our greatest enemies: ignorance, poverty, and mistrust.
Rear Admiral Hamit Gulemre Aybars, Turkish Navy (Retired)
Robert Steele’s vision for the future of intelligence is clearly “internationalist” in nature. It focuses on regional partnerships…and on the value of open source intelligence collection.
Rear Admiral Dr. Sigurd Hess, DE N(Ret), Former Chief of Staff, Allied Command Baltic Approaches
Constantly committed to truth and honesty, [his work] demonstrates his ability to grasp the real issues and to take into account the views and concerns of men of good will from all nations and all cultures.
Admiral Pierre Lacoste, French Navy (Ret), Former Director of Foreign Intelligence (DSGE)
Robert Steele goes well beyond the original visions of the best of the Directors of Central Intelligence, and has crafted a brilliant, sensible, and honorable future for the intelligence profession.
Major General Oleg Kalugin, KGB (Ret), former Elected Deputy to the Russian Parliament
Over a broad canvas reflecting the changing nature of information and information technologies, Robert Steele lays the foundation for the future of e-intelligence.
Commodore Patrick Tyrrell, OBE, Royal Navy, United Kingdom
Few have thought as deeply or imaginatively about such questions as a super-smart … former Marine and intelligence officer named Robert D. Steele…
Alvin & Heidi Toffler, War & Anti-War: Survival at the Dawn of the 21st Century
Steele consistently has been well ahead of the pack in his appreciation for everything from open source research to the implications of technology…his work thrills with its insights and ideas.
Ralph Peters, Fighting for the Future: Will America Triumph?
Robert Steele is about 100 times as smart and 10,000 times as dangerous as the best of the hackers, for he is successfully hacking the most challenging of bureaucracies…for the right reasons.
Bruce Sterling in Hacker Crackdown: Law and Order on the Electronic Frontier
Steele’s concept is simple: Empower the citizen and private sector to gather and analyze intelligence so that we can make informed decisions [using] Open Source Intelligence gathering [that] is faster, smarter, cheaper…
Robert Young Pelton, author, World’s Most Dangerous Places, producer, Come Back Alive
Robert Steele deserves our admiration and our focused attention for bringing the idea of open source information to the fore. His passion to serve the nation by developing this new approach…is exemplary.
Lieutenant General Patrick Hughes, U.S. Army (Retired)
Former Director, Defense Intelligence Agency
Robert Steele storms into the core of intelligence issues without fear. The scope of his work is impressive and whether you agree with him or not, you cannot ignore what he says.
The Honorable Richard Kerr
Former Deputy Director of Central Intelligence
Profiles of Steele by Others:
- Toffler on Steele in War & Anti-War (1993)
- Yankeelov on Steele in Year in Computers (2000)
- Kimery on Steele in Homeland Security Today (2009)
- Myers on Steele in Reflexive Practice (2010)
- Rob Dover on Steele’s View of Intelligence Reform (2014)
- INTERVIEW: Nafeez Ahmed (The Guardian) and Robert Steele on Re-inventing Intelligence to Re-engineer Earth (2014)
Robert David STEELE Vivas [Vivas is the Latino matronymic] is the intellectual and spiritual practitioner leader of the third era of the craft of intelligence [decision-support], advancing the craft of intelligence far beyond the first era of secret war and the second era of strategic analytics over-whelmed by clandestine and covert programs never intended by President Harry Truman.
Specifically focused on open source everything and the role of transparency, truth, and trust in creating resilient and sustainable hybrid governance rooted in sharing information and collaborative multinational sense-making, he seeks to unify and harmonize the eight communities that together create the “intelligence commons:” academia, civil society, commerce, government, law enforcement, media, military, and non-governmental/non-profit.
Robert David STEELE Vivas is the academic and practitioner pioneer picking up for Buckminster Fuller, Russell Ackoff, and John N. Warfield, among others, advancing reflexive practice and whole systems analytics to create Smart Nations, the World Brain, and the Global Game. As the foremost practioner-critic of wasteful and ineffective secret intelligence sources and methods (while still respecting the need for focused accountable secrecy), and as one of the foremost critics of organizational fraud, waste, and abuse — characterizing any falsehood or corrupt act as “sand in the gears” of a complex delicate whole system — he has led the creation of the Strategic Analytic Model and pioneered the concepts for hybrid forms of panarchy in which all minds are linked to all information in all languages all the time, allowing for the harnessing of collective intelligence and wisdom.
Best known outside the world of intelligence for his defense of hackers as pioneers on the bleeding edge full of the “right stuff,” and as the champion for “Open Source Everything” (OSE) he is also the comprehensive architect for electoral, intelligence, governance, and national security reform through the practice of reality-based decision making that is characterized by intelligence applied with absolute integrity, while calling for a completely transparent process of Multinational, Multiagency, Multidsiciplinary, Multidomain Information-Sharing and Sense-Making (M4IS2).
Robert David STEELE Vivas is a former Marine Corps infantry officer and then a CIA clandestine case officer (spy) against extremist targets including terrorist groups; the senior civilian founder of the Marine Corps Intelligence Center; author of many other seminal works relevant to commercial and civil society decision-support; an honorary hacker, and the number one non-fiction reviewer at Amazon.com. He is highly skilled at program builds from scratch, documenting requirements, outlining human, technical, and other capabilities needed, and doing all the justification documentation from Service level to Congressional Budget Justification Book (CBJB).
As CEO of OSS.Net, Inc. Robert has worked with the U.S. Special Operations Command and other regional commands; with the Department of State, the United Nations, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, with EUROPOL, INTERPOL, and Scotland Yard; and with over 7,500 mid-career officers from across 66 countries attracted to his annual training conferences on real-world intelligence. In 2006, inspired by the report of the UN High-Level Threat Panel, he created and funded Earth Intelligence Network, a 501c3, and organized 23 others in creating the Strategic Analytic Model for creating a prosperous world at peace. He shut down OSS.Net, Inc. at the end of 2008, closing it legally at the end of 2010, and is at this time devoted to creating public intelligence in the public interest as the CEO (pro bono) of Earth Intelligence Network. He is available for assignment and globally mobile.
Robert grew up overseas as the son of an oil engineer, spending a decade in the Caribbean and South America and another decade in Asia before returning to the USA for college and his first graduate degree. After joining the Marine Corps as an infantry officer, and service over time in the infantry and as an S-1/Adjutant, he joined the CIA’s clandestine service and served in three overseas tours as a clandestine case officer or operations officer, one of the first to be assigned terrorists as a full time target. After three additional tours at CIA HQS, in counterintelligence, advanced information technology operations, and advanced national technical collection operations, he was asked by the Marine Corps to return to serve as the senior civilian responsible for creating the Marine Corps Intelligence Activity. This is where he realized that that the national secret intelligence world is an empty shell, largely useless and certainly not worth what we pay for it. From here he became a champion of Open Source Intelligence (“do not send a spy where a schoolboy can go”), and began a decade of service helping 66+ governments get a grip on what could be known legally and ethically, at very low cost, in 183 languages we do not speak. His comprehensive overview of the flaws within secret intelligence, and his agenda for reform, are offered in ON INTELLIGENCE: Spies and Secrecy in an Open World, with a Foreword from immediate past Chairman of the Senate Select Committee for Intelligence David Boren (D-OK). His second book, The New Craft of Intelligence, includes a Foreword by then SSCI Chairman Pat Roberts (R-KS).
Robert David STEELE Vivas is a natural-born citizen of the USA (a son of New York and decades long resident of Virginia) who ran for President briefly, accepted by the Reform Party as a candidate for their nomination. Working with many others he created We the People Reform Coalition to aggregate the very best ideas from all sides. Using his status as a candidate he connected with every single other candidate from Ron Paul to Rocky Anderson. All of them, without exception, refused to come together around the central issue of our Republic, electoral reform. Today he continues to believe that Electoral Reform is the one demand that the public must make in order to restore intelligence and integrity to the US Government. Absent Electoral Reform, the USA is not a fully-functional democracy and generally does not represent the public interest across any of the policy domains. ELECTION 2008: Lipstick on the Pig, explores the substance of governance, legitimate grievances, and other aspects of doing democracy with integrity. More recently, OPEN POWER: Electoral Reform Act of 2015 – Open Source Activist Tool-Kit, outlines specific opportunites for achieving a non-violent revolution in electoral, governance, economic, and social affairs.
- Articles & Chapters + Print Interviews
- Books By and With Robert Steele
- Briefings & Lectures * Audio-Visual Interviews
- Graphics in English
- Graphics in Spanish
- Huffington Post (Op Eds on Substance)
- Reflections (Op Eds & White Papers @ Phi Beta Iota)
- Strategic Monographs
French and Spanish Production
Top-Level Collected Contributions
- 2014 Intelligence Reform (Robert Steele)
- 1976-2013: Intelligence Models 2.1
- Book Reviews (Non-Fiction, 98 Categories)
- Decision Support Story Board
- EIN Global Survey (2007)
- IO 3 Paths to Peace & Prosperity
- Public Intelligence 3.8
- REVOLUTION Graphic & Refs
- USA Reform Ideas
- Way of the Truth
- at Amazon
- at DuckDuckGo
- at LinkedIn
- at Qwant / Multi-Media
- at YouTube
- on Hackers (PBS)
- On Hacking Humanity
Open Source Intelligence & Everything
- VIDEO (7:30) FindHorn: ‘Open Source Everything for Revolutionary Change
- AUDIO (55:09) Miriam Knight Open Source Everything with Robert David Steele
- AUDIO (1:14:09) 2014 Open Source Everything, Upgrading Society, & Building The World Brain
- VIDEO (49:07) 2014 Steele to Liberation Technology NYC (Open Source Everything Manifesto)
- VIDEO (01:30:00) Steele to Chilean Government (Nov 2010)
- VIDEO (8:19) CHANGE 2010: National Press Club Robert Steele, real-time and and open source intelligence
- VIDEO (06:00) Steele to Scowcroft at Wilson Center (Apr 2011)
- VIDEO (20:25): Warren Pollock Interviews Robert Steele on End of the Closed System
- VIDEO (11:02): Warren Pollock Interviews Robert Steele on Open Source Everything
- Steele on World Brain to Amazon Developers Conference (2013 from 2007)
- VIDEO (1:00:00) Steele on Open Everything to Gnomedex (2007)
- AUDIO Steele on Open Source Future at Echo Chamber (2006)
Electoral Reform, Governance & Intelligence
- 2015 Robert Steele with Max Kaiser (14 Minutes Start at 12:26)
- 2015 Robert Steele with Alex Jones (12 Minute Distillation)
- 2015 Robert Steele with Alex Jones (59 Minutes Commercial Free)
- 2015 Robert Steele in Portland (14 Minutes, Conversational)
- 2011 Robert Steele at Occupy (6 Minutes)
- VIDEO: Steele B Roll Interview from Hollywood Movie (2008)
- VIDEO: CIA Officer- Robert Steele tells it like it is. Part 1
- VIDEO: CIA Officer- Robert Steele tells it like it is Part 2
SPY IMPROV at Hackers on Planet Earth
- VIDEO (2:02:26) Steele at HOPE #9 Spy Improv Reality Unfiltered
- VIDEO (1 of 4) Steele at HOPE 2010 Spy Improv
- VIDEO (2 of 4) Steele at HOPE 2010 Spy Improv
- VIDEO (1:25:12) Steele at HOPE #6 Spy Improv Everything You…
Vea Tambien (Steele in Spanish):
- Español (Pagina Principal)
- 2014 Robert Steele en Ecuador: LA IMPORTANCIA DE LAS RELACIONES CIVICO – MILITARES EN EL PROCESO DE profesionalización DE LOS SERVICIOS DE INTELIGENCIA
- 2013 AAINTELLIGENCIA Marzo de 2013 – Sanando una las Américas con Una Agencia de Fuente Abiertas
- 2010 M4IS2 Briefing for South America — 2010 M4IS2 Presentacion por Sur America (ANEPE Chile)
- 2011: Competitive Commercial Intelligence and Strategy in International Markets – Context and Challenge Inteligencia Empresarial y Estrategia Competitiva en Mercados Internacional – Contexto y Desafio
Reach him at robert.david.steele.vivas [at] gmail [dot] com.
Want to talk? Make a donation in any amount, it triggers an email from Robert.