Here it is, laid bare: cartel as corporation, corporation as cartel; cocaine as pure capitalism, capitalism as cocaine, known in its purest form as zero-zero-zero – a wry reference to the name of the best grade of flour, ideal for pasta.
TechnoCalyps Part I TransHuman
Last week, the Innovation for Jobs ECO Summit in the heart of Silicon Valley in Menlo Park, California (January 28-29, 2016), led by David Nordfors and Vint Cerf, explored an amazing array of issues and possible solutions.
- Many speakers explored ways to improve the “gig economy” or make the market for jobs more efficient.
- Mei Lin Fung and others discussed a people-centered Internet and the maker movement.
- Felix Velarde discussed whether robots are taking the jobs.
- Curt Carlson showed that most big firms can’t create jobs because they lack the discipline of innovation.
- Monique Morrow and others spelt out key gender issues.
- Jay Van Zyl explored emancipating special abilities.
- Esther Wojcicki and others suggested that the trouble started with education.
These are important issues and exciting ideas to deal with them.