Towards a Global Brain: the Web as a Self-organizing, Distributed Intelligence
FRANCIS HEYLIGHEN, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, ECCO – Evolution, Complexity and Cognition research group
Phi Beta Iota: The YouTube is in English with exception of a short obligatory comment in French that is mandatory in Canada’s quest to pretend it is bi-lingual.
Who’s Who in Collective Intelligence: Francis Heylighen
Content Curation as a Problem-Solving, Re-Assembling and Stewardship Process
Ibrar Bhatt, shares some of the insights he has been been able to discover in his research work for his forthcoming PhD thesis (“A sociomaterial account of assignment writing in Further Education classrooms”) for the University of Leeds.
In his short blog analysis he first comprehensively defines the new emerging content curation space, and then he highlights
the relevance this may have, once it is validated and acknowledged, in allowing students to explore the creation of reports and the development of new work assignments in a new light.
Here a few brief excerpts:
Margaret Thatcher’s Cabinet bigwigs named in Leon Brittan paedo files
The file is said to have named Sir Keith Joseph and Sir Rhodes Boyson amid warnings of an active child abuse network in Westminster
Former Minister says Thatcher aide was paedophile who preyed on boys’ home – and Hague should have known
- An ex-Tory minister has claimed Sir Peter Morrison was implicated in the child abuse scandal that engulfed children’s homes in North Wales
- An inquiry discovered up to 650 children in 40 homes were sexually, physically and emotionally in the 1970s and ’80s
- Rod Richards, a former Tory MP, said he had seen evidence linking the former aide to Baroness Thatcher to the scandal
Police to investigate whether their own officers and politicians tried to ‘cover-up’ alleged abuse at school linked to Cyril Smith
- Sir Cyril Smith allegedly sexually abused young boys at Knowl View School
- Despite many complaints by victims, late politician was never prosecuted
- Separate inquiry to identify who took part in the alleged abuse is ongoing
- Now, police will investigate alleged cover-up of abuse at Rochdale school
- They will look at whether own officers and local politicians were part of it
Stephan A. Schwartz
Although the Congress and the Obama Administration think Fracking is just the thing, the evidence for the wrongness of this policy just keeps piling up. One learns in school that the purpose of the government is to be responsive to its people, and provide for their safety and wellbeing. But that of cou! rse we know is just a fantasy of academics. Your house has been brought down by an earthquake? Terribly sorry, the government says, but our corporate masters’ profits are too important for us to stop them.
University of Colorado Boulder Scientists Link 10,800-Foot-Deep Fracking Wastewater Well to More than 200 Earthquakes
BRANDON BAKER – Ecowatch/Nation of Change
When the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission ordered NGL Water Solutions to stop fracking wastewater injection operations a month ago, a team of University of Colorado Boulder researchers began conducting its own investigation.
NGL, formerly known as High Sierra Water Services, was given permission to resume its activities at a 10,800-foot-deep well a few weeks later, but the CU findings suggest that shouldn’t have happened. Anne Sheehan and her team found that the well is linked to more than 200 earthquakes, the geophysics professor in the CU Department of Geological Sciences told Boulder County Business Report.